Hey, everyone! I’m hosting the October round of Carnival of Aces! (The masterpost for the carnival is here, for anyone unfamiliar with it.)
If you don’t know what a blogging carnival is, it’s an event where various people across the internet blog about a single topic. At the end of the month, I (as the carnival host) will collect all the links into a single post. Blogging carnivals are a cool way to see a bunch of different ideas about the same topic, find new blogs to read, and (if you’re a blogger yourself) motivate yourself to write.
This month’s theme is a topic near and dear to my heart: sexual education. Anything that touches on sexual education and the asexual spectrum is fair game! Here are some ideas to jump start your writing process:
- How should information on sexual orientation be presented in sex ed classes? Should it be presented at the same time as more health-related topics (like safe sex) or should it be offered separately? How about romantic orientation and/or gender identity?
- Some people argue that celibate aces should be allowed to opt out of sex ed; do you agree? Why or why not?
- If you were to make sex ed resources to teach about asexuality, what would they look like? (And, hey, if you want to make aforementioned resources, go right ahead!)
- If you’re on the asexual spectrum, what were your experiences with sex ed like? What could have made the experience better/more helpful (keeping in mind that 99% of the class probably isn’t ace)?
You are welcome to submit in formats other than blogs—vlogs, comics, fiction, graphics, you name it! As long as it’s related to the topic, I’ll be happy to accept it. Oh, also, you may not submit something created before the start of the carnival (that is, October 1). Sorry, but rules are rules.
If you are planning to submit (which I hope you are!), the deadline is October 31. When you’ve finished your submission, you can send me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org or by dropping me a message/ask/what have you. If you would like to submit something but don’t have your own blog (or would rather not post your piece on your blog), let me know, and I’ll be happy to host it for you!
I’m looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with! If you have any questions or comments, my ask box is open (and my email inbox is too)!
(Also, if you’re interested in hosting the carnival in future months, you should get in contact with the folks over at The Asexual Agenda, ‘cause they need more hosts. Hosting on a tumblr is [obviously] fine.)
- lemonyandbeatrice likes this
- asexuel reblogged this from asexualityexists
- shedisenchants likes this
- asexualityexists reblogged this from queenieofaces
- blackdogrunning likes this
- southpawscopic reblogged this from queenieofaces
- joanofarch likes this
- greenchestnuts reblogged this from ace-muslim
- unbirthdaydance likes this
- ace-muslim reblogged this from queenieofaces
- suspenderlady likes this
- asexualites reblogged this from queenieofaces
- zeza-zeza likes this
- codeman38 likes this
- queenieofaces posted this